- World Machine 64-bit Standard or Professional (2.3.7, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11)
- Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or higher
- Latest Drivers for CPU and GPU to utilize OpenCL
- Ensure World Machine is not running. If GeoGlyph 1.0 was installed, please uninstall it first through the GeoGlyph Manager's Install tab.
GeoGlyph_2.0.xxx.yyy.msi(where xxx.yyy is a version number) and run the MSI file. This download can be found in 'My Account' on QuadSpinner.com.
- Setup will attempt to automatically detect the locations of the World Machine installation(s), as well as the World Machine Documents and Macro paths. Check to see if the paths are accurate. If not, you may need to choose them manually. See below for help with the paths.
- Choose the components you wish to install. In most cases, the default selection is recommended. You can also review the destination paths and modify them as needed.
- Proceed with installation.
- Once installation is complete, run GeoGlyph 2 from the Start Menu or Desktop.
- World Machine 2.3.7 is typically installed in
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Machine 2 Professional\
- World Machine 3.0.x builds are typically installed in
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Machine Professional Edition Development Version
- World Machine Documents are typically installed in
C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\World Machine Documents
- World Machine Macros are typically installed in
C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\World Machine Documents\Macros.
Sometimes Macros may be installed to
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Machine 2 Professional\Macros\.
If so, you will need to change it to the path above, or any other
user-writable path that as no read/write restrictions. To change the
path, go to
World Commands menu > Preferences > Paths in World Machine.
PLEASE SEE THIS VIDEO GUIDE BELOW ON HOW TO CHECK AND CHANGE PATHS FOR EACH COMPONENT
Administrative installation is meant for IT Administrators and experienced power users only
GeoGlyph's MSI installer is designed to detect and install GeoGlyph dependencies into the appropriate World Machine installations. If the target computer has multiple versions of World Machine, a standard installation is recommended.
For a remote/command line installation, the following variables must be provided to the MSI package.
TARGETDIR The installation directory for GeoGlyph 2. This defaults to ~\Programs Files\QuadSpinner\GeoGlyph 2.
WM237 The installation directory for World Machine version 2.3.7.
WM303 The installation directory for World Machine version 18.104.22.168.
WM3011 The installation directory for World Machine version 22.214.171.124.
DOCS World Machine's Documents directory. This is typically %USERDOCS%\World Machine Documents.
MACROS World Machine's Macros repository. This is typically the Macros folder inside the World Machine Documents folder.
The DOCS and MACROS folder must be unprotected paths that all users have read/write access to.
Conditions (set to 0 or 1)
IS237 Install for World Machine version 2.3.7.
IS303 Install for World Machine version 126.96.36.199.
IS3011 Install for World Machine version 188.8.131.52.
Example Command Line
To install for just World Machine 2.3.7, with the default paths provided by World Machine:
msiexec.exe -i "C:\Users\John\Downloads\GeoGlyph_2.0.709.766.msi" IS236=1 WM236="C:\Program Files (x86)\World Machine 2 Professional\" DOCS="C:\Users\John\Documents\World Machine Documents\" MACROS="C:\Users\John\Documents\World Machine Documents\Macros\" MACROPROTECTED=0